Thursday, January 21, 2016

"Distance Technologies 4.1 Blog Pro's and Con's


As I reviewed these websites they were very informative to me. There was some things that I did agree with though. Some pro's about these sites are: enables students to think out side the box and get them college and career ready. It enables student-centered learning and hands on experience is great for learning interaction. It a plus to see that schools are doing away with standardized test because some students just don't perform well with test but are capable and fully understands the knowledge. Students are surrounded with technology and schools need to jump on board to use it and to keep the students interested in learning. Students need to be engaged and motivated when it comes to learning and they need a variety of materials and resources.
Two websites site that really caught my attention was the  www.cindymichaelsjournal.blogspot.com
 the catch phrase was Tell me I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I Learn; this is so true. In this blog it states that when teaching it engages the teacher and the student in learning and self reflection. The other one was the BYOD site. BYOD stands for bring your own device it  is  very popular in todays classrooms because it is designed to give students and families freedom to make technology choices. The importance of technology is intended to allow teachers and students to make use of the learning opportunities that are made possible by the use of wireless devices.
The things that I didn't agree with (con's) are with the BYOD site what about the students that don't have devices they are excluded and left out. Not all parents can afford devices. What about the low class communities that can't afford devices or computers what are ways that their children can have access to these things, with technology being in a great demand what about these families they need exposure. I agree that students shouldn't solely depend on pencil and paper because it is limiting their capabilities because it is traditional and we are in the 21st century but we can't single anyone out. Some teachers that are not using technology in their classrooms might not understand the whole concept and need help; are workshops available.



No comments:

Post a Comment