Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Change Agent on Foundations of Education




Elboni Todd



5) Write a one page summary of – “FOUNDATIONS OF DISTANCE EDUCATION“as a College of Education Conceptual Framework” -“Change Agent”, how you will use what you learned from this chapter and make changes in your workplace environment.




As a change agent, I have learned so much from this chapter. Technology has taken over not only in the education field but everywhere. When referring to distant education you think of not being in the classroom or learning as a far. Distance Education is absolutely the best thing because it not only allows you to further your education but to do so while you maintain a busy schedule. The ability to interact with my fellow peers and create a structured learning community not only benefits me but the ones that I am a teaching.
Personal vision comes from within. It gives meaning to work, and it exists independently of the organization or group we happen to be in.

As distant technologies grow organizations are using more types of technology to advance.  In today’s society technology is everywhere just about every place you go now uses some form of technology. The more I learn about technology the more I will be able to teach my fellow peer. Distance education is much more than learning at a far, it is learning about the different things that surround. A great example is telemedicine in which it is medicine at a distance. Who would have thought that 10 years ago telemedicine would exist?  The idea of just thinking about the use of electronic information and communication to help provide and support healthcare shocks me.  As I look at the students in my classroom, even at three, four, and five years old they know about computers and other forms of technology and how to use it.  The number one rule is change; you must be willing to learn more in order to survive.




No comments:

Post a Comment